//PandaWorld
This is me


Diary About Content

Highlights


Throwback Module Review



Europe Updates ☺

Finally I'm back online !!!!

It's Day 4 of my trip and finally, I get free internet!

So here's some updates about my trip now.

Weather:
Surprisingly, in the WINTER it's NOT snowing, it's NOT cold and it's so not what I expected. I was expecting like heavy snow fall and like sub-zero temperatures, but nope. It's actually quite sunny here.
For the past few days, I've been to Rome, Florence, Siena and now I'm in Venice. The weather so far has been quite warm for me (around 10-5 degree Celsius) and it's been quite sunny actually. 
As a whole, I guess this winter will be quite a warm one (or at least until we get back to Singapore)
(Note to photographers: Take note of your camera battery, you can take it but not your camera haha. My flash was going crazy because of the cold and it wouldn't work at times)

Food:
Food so far has been quite plain. For breakfast , it's just lots and lots of BREAD!!!!!! (and this morning there was yoghurt, and some more BREAD). I would say that the food here (if you're joining a tour group) will not be suitable for those picky eaters. The food is quite simple and the portion is quite little actually, expect the Tuscan dinner which gave us HUGE steaks. The food is generally spaghetti, steak and dessert. (Tiramisu here is awesome though I always choke on the powder) Oh, and also, the food here is quite salty and there is seriously a lack of water (the plain water here is quite expensive) Beer and wine is super cheap (really want to get some, but I'll get drunk haha) 
For me the food here is quite okay, but it's just too salty and I'm a water buffalo, I need a lot of WATER!!!!

Sights:
I have only one word to describe the sights here...
WOW!!!!
It's really incredible how the artists and sculptors actually design and build the churches here. The design is really really nice and the way they construct the place is really incredible. The Vatican City was really an eye opening experience. The church was just toooooo beautiful. (Note to photographers: The churches and architecture here in Europe really requires wide angle lens. My lens wasn't wide enough to cover the entire scene.)

Lodging:
So far, the hotels have not really been up to expectations. (We’ve been staying in 4-star hotels but they are of the Italian standard and not really like what we would expect.)
I have to say that the rooms so far are quite small. (it's quite troublesome for us to fit in 3 adults and like plentiful of luggage) Also, the room don't provide some amenities that would expect to have (By law, the hotels are not allowed to provide kettles so we had to bring our own traveler’s kettle. In a similar vein, there is seriously a lack of sockets in the room. There are only 2 power points in the rooms that we stayed in) 

Since tonight is the first night I have internet, I'll post more some other day.


Ciao



Labels: , , , , , ,