//PandaWorld
This is me


Diary About Content

Highlights


Throwback Module Review



Appreciation Dinner 2017

Another super late post (wellllllllll at least this one was in like Week 5?) Really wanted to write this after the dinner but I have been super busy with life ever since so here I am, day 361 in 2017, finally writing this for my dear 39th and welfare slaves team. Click here for my 39th MC post: https://pioneer-crescentian.blogspot.com/2016/09/enginclub-39th-mc.html

It felt just like yesterday when I just stood on the stage to get my appointment letter from Prof Chua and now, here I am giving out appreciation letters to my team. I would say that it's been a tiring, but worthwhile. Working with people whom I've never worked with before, stepping out of my comfort zone, it was fun while it lasted. 1 year with 39th, we've experienced so much. Chilling in the shady EA Club room, shifting to this new office like place, finding the magical window, having our own bonding day, chalets, going crazy together. Still remember all my angst and rants, 'hatred' towards certain people due to our clashing leadership styles. All these little memories are the things I really cherish from working with everyone. So thanks a lot 39th, I think I really don't say this enough, but really thank you to each and everyone of you who watched and help me grow. Never did I expect myself to find a family, but yay, I left 39th with a papa (Kaung), mama (Yong Shun), gor gor (Hong Yan), aunties and uncles, 卖菜的auntie/mei mei (Jie Ling) and many more. Thanks for always helping with my events and the packing and tanking all my rants and complains. 

Moving on to my dear welfare team. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!! You guys have no idea how much I love y'all and how thankful I am for each and everyone of you guys. I remember when I first formed this team, there were a lot of unfamiliar faces, we saw so many people leave the team (and the countless who never turned up) and at the end of the day, I'm thankful for all of you who stayed. Will always remember our over night packing, suppers, doing weird shit in the club room (our Mario cart races transporting welfare packs), our supply chain sweat shop and of course, the fun times watching soccer after packing, doing more weird shit together. All these are the stupid memories that I will keep close to my heart for the rest of my life. I think I've said enough to you guys along the way already and I'm not gonna bore the readers with all the cheesy stuff. 

Time for some reflection.

1 year ago, I didn't expect myself to even join EnginClub. 1 year ago, I somehow managed to find this awesome team who tanked so much with me. I think I've really learnt a lot working with these people and they've really taught me a lot not only as a leader but also as a person. How to handle work and also to look after their welfare. Working in welfare, I exposed myself to various things, from doing event planning, marketing and talking to sponsors, all the way to managing finance and logistics. I think these are really skills that I wouldn't have actively pursued if I wasn't given the chance to take on the role. So I'm utterly grateful to be given this opportunity to serve and also to grow from this experience.

So enough of all the talking, PICTURE SPAM TIME!!!



MC Xmas Party
Super Mama, last evidence of the old club room

Survivors of Bonding Day

One year on...
This is how 可怜 welfare is 

Collecting shit loads of stuff from NUSSU (with love)

Sem 2 EWP
DOGGO THERAPY

Last event *sob sob*
Welfare peeps who came for Appreciation Dinner!
Selfieeeeee
Mandatory staircase shot
#throwback to me receiving my appointment letter and hair flipping beside the dean of Engin


Till next time my friends...
Thank you

Labels: , , , , , , , ,