//PandaWorld
This is me


Diary About Content

Highlights


Throwback Module Review



赠人玫瑰,手有余香。

"A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives the rose" 

Seldom do double posts but I felt that this deserves a special post. 11 June marked the end of my final commitment, SL Project PAKO. Started off 2 SLs at the start of this year and I can say that it wasn't an easy journey. Through all the ups and downs, we managed to conclude both Growing 2gether and PAKO successfully. Shall dedicate this post to everyone who helped out in one way or another.
 

SL Growing 2gether
My first SL that I initiated. This was like my child. A peer tutoring SL that ended off with a 2 day photography lesson. It was really an eye opening experience as we worked with the children from Growing Up Learning Center (at Choa Chu Kang). Throughout this journey, many people helped me out in a lot of the work and the children there really benefited from all the help. First off, thanks to my dearest OT for tanking this with me, I guess half of you are totally not interested in this and got dragged in haha. But still thanks for putting in all the effort to tutor the kids and to entertain them, i'm sure that they loved your company. (Leaving the cheesy stuff to the letter hehe) Next, I really want to thank the kids there for teaching me so much more than I can teach them. They are from underprivileged families, face many problems in their lives, yet they still work hard and try their best to do well in school. They taught me the importance of never giving up and also how to interact with people from different walks of life. Coming from such a 'elite' school, most don't have the opportunity to go beyond our social circles and really see the world, so I'm really grateful for this opportunity to step out and experience life and also to help out those in need. Before I forget, a big thank you to the volunteers who came down to help out during June holidays, especially my dear Photog juniors, Ming Qian and Cheryl who got sabo-ed to teach the children on the first day. you guys did really well! (P.S. This was part of our evil plan to test out the new ExCo haha, but seriously, thanks a lot guys :) )

Big boys having fun. Don't really know how but these 2 seem to click so well (🍻to our favourite gay buddies)
Kids really had fun


All SLs must end with a GROUP SHOT!!! (missing Brian though)

Growing is really a project that I hope my juniors will take on and continue the legacy, it's really fun and I'm sure the kids benefited a lot. Looking forward to visiting them soon after As. 

SL PAKO
Pako - Take flight. The second of the my 2 SLs. Didn't really have much of an attachment to this project at first since I was 'banned' from being involved (let's not talk about this cuz yes, whoever it is is ...) Shall talk more about the day camp. Really glad that the camp went really well, from sabo-ing our juniors, Calvin and Zexin for photography (again haha) to listening to the crazy popping of balloons during twisting, everyone had a lot of fun haha. Really thankful for this chance to pass on a skill to the children and I'm really happy that the children loved the lessons we planned out for them. Thanks to all the volunteers for coming down to help out (especially Zhi Lin and the random guy who didn't even tell us your name for coming down to teach the children). It's nice to know that you guys enjoyed it as much as the children. To the OT, though I don't really know ya'll well (all from 6P T.T ), it's been fun working with everyone. 

The Crew with balloons & the kids  [Photo by Calvin]

Me looking pro teaching a kid how twist a balloon [Photo by Calvin]
And as always GROUP PHOTO !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Really happy that we managed to 'psycho' Calvin into taking on this project and to continue serving. Looking forward to your project and remember to call us back :)

*Special mention to a special someone* 
To my best Banana:
WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More than 6 months of planning and 2+ months of really running up and down doing peer tutoring we finally did it. It's been really awesome working with a banana like you again. It's been ages since we worked together on a 'large' scale project and can't believe that we really managed to pull this off. Thanks for all the support and tanking, especially when I was busy with comps and had to come late for sessions. Now that almost everything is over, we have to mug le. Onward to As ! BANANA POWER!
The most gay photo of the 2 of us by the kid

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,