//PandaWorld
This is me


Diary About Content

Highlights


Throwback Module Review



[Recap] Throwback Goals


For those who follow this blog, you'd know that I will make a throwback post every year (or at least we've been doing so since 2019) so I figured that I shall have this post where I will update yearly with my goals and recap as a way to see what changed so I won't have to scroll through so many 4k+ word blogpost. 

Here we go~
Here's the link to a 2016 post where I didn't set goals, but nice to see how my life has changed since then.

2020...

Let's set some goals for 2020

1) Let's get fit

Have been working to get fit in 2019 and it's been working surprisingly. Especially with the daily work out this December, let's work towards losing more fats and gaining back dem muscles so that we can pack a punch

2) Music, more music
This is probably the last chance for Lim0ncello to do something so since we have already made some progress already, let's keep this up and hopefully we can get some production out. EP coming out soon~!

3) ONE photos
Hopefully I can be part of more ONE events be it MMA or the upcoming DOTA2 major in June. Gotta up my skills too. 

4) Stay happy and cherish those around me
As we approach graduation, I hope we can take a look at that around us who were always with us throughout these 4 years and stay in touch with them. Let's stay friends forever (omg this is so cringy to say at this time and age, but there's no other way I can express this) 

2020

Recapping on my goals for 2020:

1) Getting fit
Wellllllll, I did it at the start of the year, but with the whole CB period and lack of freedom to move around in gyms, I think it failed towards the end. Put on so much weight just sitting around at home doing nothing.

2)Making more music
In 2020, I found the recording studio and did a bit of recording. With the lock down, I slowly started to build my own homes studio and did a bit more of recordings and covers in my own room. I guess this was a success then...

3) ONE photos
Sadly, this never happened in 2020. Before our first event, COVID hit and as such the group kinda disbanded... Even Jasper left so I doubt I'll be going back into this side of photography any time soon.

4) Staying happy
Not exactly the best year to stay happy. Actually with all this that happened in 2020, I think my mental health condition went pretty downhill. As much as my life seemed to be on track with a job and further studies, there's a lot on my mind this year. Especially with the social isolation during lock down, I think it was pretty bad. Now that I'm volunteering as a PSSG at FoE, I think I've gotten slightly better at managing my unhealthy thoughts so it's a start...

2021...

Now, let's set some goals for 2021.

1) Music
Making more covers, improving my skills and techniques and acquiring new skills for music production is still top on my list (maybe higher than getting that degree). Hopefully I can get more things out this year and get back to songwriting soon.

2) Health 
Be it physical or mental, I think 2021 shall be a year to work on being a better person for myself. A broken person will never be able to produce the best work and be the best for the people around me. So, it's time to work on myself and look towards improving my mental state.

3) Friendship
Maintaining old friend, filtering out the people who should no longer affect me and finding new people to work towards a similar goal in 2021 will be very important. As we move into Phase III in 2021, we can finally have in-person classes, so I'm looking forward to meeting new people in MSE and forging new friendships.  

2021

Recapping on my 2021 Goals...

1) Music
with increased school and workload, I didn't find as much time to make more music this year. But at least got 1 cover out on SoundCloud. 

2) Health 
2021 was not the best year to deal with my mental health issues. All the pent up frustration and stress was putting me on the edge for quite a bit. Fitness wise, managed to squeeze in some exercise towards the end of the year but that's about it. I guess this is something to work on again. 

3) Friendship
With the whole pandemic going on, people met up less and at least at the end of this year, I can go into 2022 knowing who are the people I will make the effort to connect and re-connect with. 

2022...

1) Health
Physical health is something that I really need to work on this year. I can see myself getting fatter and more unhealthy in 2021 due to all the work and study stress. On the mental health side, not much to say, lots to do. At the end of the day, I just want to reach a point where I can say I am fine with life. So for 2022, at least I hope to become happier and fitter.

2) Personal Growth
Besides being a studying monster, I think it's time to relook at the things I used to love. Be it DOTA or making music, may 2022 be the time where I can set aside time to do the things I love. Especially when I graduate and have lesser responsibilities outside working hours. Let's get that cover out or at least climb a rank in DOTA this year. 

3) Family and Friends
In 2021, I'm always working OT, always too busy studying for tests and exams. Hopefully with me finishing school soon and potentially switching to a new job, we can work on setting aside some time for the people I love and the people who matter most to me. 

2022

Recapping on 2022 goals... 

1) Health

At least in the first half of this year, I was exercising regularly and running quite a bit. Once boss came in, I was losing weight for the wrong reasons. Been too busy that I've skipped so many meals. It's like everything balanced out this year I guess. Lost a total of 7kg ever since I started work in A*STAR, but I gained back 2kg from eating so much in Bangkok. 

On the side of mental health though, things ain't that great. It's pretty obvious that ever since I started work in A*STAR, I haven't really been myself, maybe because of the stress, the boss, or just the fact that I had no one in my lab that I can work with. It's definitely taken it's toll on me and I know very well how bad it can get. This will probably be something I have to work on in the upcoming year and not let it worsen. Currently I guess my escape is just filling my weekends and weekday nights with events and indulging in idol culture again. Sounds like 15yo me but it works so why not right?

2) Personal Growth

Have I grown this year? Definitely. 

I can definitely say that my photography skills have improved. Took some time off to learn how to better edit my photos. Have also been dwelling into graphic designs again (because how else can I indulge in my idol culture right?) This really reminds me of how 15yo me decided to pick up random things just so I can indulge in the culture. Finally, decided to pick up a bit of Thai so I don't die in Bangkok and of course, to understand my live streams. So I guess in terms of hard skills I definitely took the effort to do something mor fruitful in my life. 

As for soft skills, I think working under my current boss and the people I have to deal with to solve his problems really pushes my patience to the limits. Not only do I have to deal with incompetence of others, I have really learn how to balance my own work expectations. Also, communication really got pushed to the limits. Not the best thing to happen (and I really hope it doesn't happen again), but that fight with boss really made me think how am I going to survive with this. I guess that's what you get when it's full blow adulthood. 

All in all, I guess personal growth gets the tick on my checklist.

3) Family and Friends

2022 I got to catch up and reconnect with so many people, especially in the 2nd half of the year when school is no longer there to take up a bulk of my time. Catching up with old friends is always something nice to have. Seeing everyone progress in their own lives and moving on to reach different milestones. It's interesting how within these 2 years so much changed, especially with so many people being engaged and married. 

For family, I think I managed to spend more time for my parents this year with lesser on my plate. Although we didn't get to travel this year, we still went out quite a bit. Also got to spend more time with my Grandma this year with all the restrictions on gathering size lifted. 

2023...

1)Work-Life Balance

If you've made it thus far in the blogpost, you'd probably realize how much my work is affecting my life. In 2023, I aim to be able to draw a clear line between work and life. As much as I have crazy aims at work (I hope to at least help out with 1 paper this year etc.), I think it'd be important for me to really know when to stop working because as much as I know my boss needs me, I am just another RO and I have a life (*I'm still salty*).

Maybe with this line drawn I can indulge less in social media and idol culture and maybe be a little more sane again.

2)Completion

Completing things have always been a challenge with all the projects and work I put on myself. So for 2023, I want to at least be able to close up on all the COVID projects I started. These include at least finishing 1) my photo edits from 10000 years ago, 2) that Thai textbook I started on, 3) my video edits (collected so many raw footages but didn't edit them), 4) finish my songs, and 5) at least finish up my photography portfolio website. 

3)Photography

As an extension, I believe my photography deserves to be a full goal on its own. In 2023, I really hope to gain more exposure as a photographer, not only at ONE Championship, but also in concerts and other events. This interest has been with me for at last 10 years but I've not really progressed beyond just hobby, and it would be nice if I can make something out of it. That being said, I hope that in 2023, I can be more 'thick skinned' to randomly approach people to do shoots, or companies to see if they would like to bring on this not-so-young photographer so that I can gain some on-job experience. 


Labels: , , , ,