//PandaWorld
This is me


Diary About Content

Highlights


Throwback Module Review



Throwback 2016

2016 is coming to an end soon. Can't believe it! This year, like any other year, flew past so quickly that I can barely remember what happened. (Well, having goldfish memory doesn't make things any better)

Looking back, I guess I can say that I’ve fulfilled my New Year resolution for 2016. 2016 brought me to new places, allowed me to explore and of course, I met new people along the way. I wouldn’t dare to say that 2016 was a smooth sailing year. From the disappointments to all the stress of a new environment, yet it’s been a really fulfilling year. I managed to do so many things I never thought I’d ever do. If you’re interested in what I hope from myself for the past year, click here to read the first post of 2016. 

It’s been a pretty busy year and I realised I didn’t update this blog as much as I used to (and hope to) but I guess it’s enough to sum up the year for me haha.

Now for a short summary of 2016…

Work work work ...
Started off this year taking on loads of ad hoc jobs and eventually landing on my first 'saikang' job at Bakestarters. Started off as a small company, doing almost everything for my boss and now looking back, it's really a very enjoyable experience and I'm really happy that I was part of the start. Nice to know that it's doing well now as well so yeap, it's been fun while it lasted. 

A Level Results
Will always remember this day. (of course I can still remember the day when I collected my PSLE and O Level results.) Key point from all these result collections? Tears. I'm always crying, be it when I receive the results or after stoning for a while, there'll always be some crying involved. Glad that it's always been tears of joy and gratitude and of course for this time it was really a big big surprise that I didn't screw up my As.


Camps & Engin RAG
That’s practically the official start of my Uni life. Never had this much fun in my life. Well, back in secondary school and JC, orientation was pretty awkward and boring for me and I guess this time for Uni I wanted things to change so I kinda let loose even before the camps started and I guess it really contributed to the fun that I had.


Joining RAG was also one of the best choices I’ve made in Uni. It really got me stepping out of my comfort zone. From trying out dancing which I totally have no talent in, to sewing costumes and making new friends. I really have RAG to thank for getting me my bestest friends in Uni.

If you’re not bored out my blog already, here’re the links:




EnginClub
One of the best things that happened to me ever since Uni started would be EnginClub. Genuinely blessed and grateful for this opportunity, especially after all the doubt that’s been cast upon me since Primary school. It’s been pretty enjoyable despite all the extra workload and stress.

Read more here:

Exams
Last but not least, there’s always the dreaded exams and finals. Sem 1 was a tough start due to the lack of motivation to study and of course the brain lag from not studying for 6 months. Only regret for the sem is not studying hard enough to get my CAP 4.5. Cries. Well, now that it’s all cast in stone, it’s time to mug on for the next sem as well. Click here to read more about my failures in studies *haha*

New Year, New Sam

Every year, I'd take some time off to look back and really reflect on what happened throughout the year and I'm really blessed for 2016. Looking back, I've learnt a lot from the people around me and despite all the shit that happened, it's been a really good learning experience. 

Now for some new year resolutions to get me onth right track for 2017.

1) Self-Control
Haven't been controlling myself a lot for the past year. (if you've seen me at the camps you'd know what I'm referring to) For the new year, I've really got to control how I behave and cut down on the booze intake (though I really enjoy it...) Have to keep my body healthy so I can live longer. 

Besides that, there is also self-control when it come to distractions from studies. Still have to work on controlling myself and focusing on the work I'm suppose to complete. Procrastination is really a big problem)

2) Exercise
Pretty sure that it's gonna be hard to keep up with this goal but I really need to dedicate some time to exercise in this coming year. I've seen my body breakdown so many times in 2016 that it's starting to scare me. (Never occurred to me that one day I'll start nose bleeding and nearly fainting) So yeap, time to start putting in some effort to exercise again. 

3) Forgive and Forget
Many things happened in 2016 and honestly if I had to list out all the betrayals and disappointments it'd take me at least a day, so what better time than this to choose to forget everything that happened. Not really forget the lessons learnt, but forget all the pain and forgive those involved. Let 2017 be a new year to build up on the broken relationships and also to build better ones that last.

Honestly, 2016 was a great year.Here's to a even better 2017.Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Labels: , , , , ,